Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 28---High Heeled Oxfords



Today is a big day. It is the first day back after spring break AND it is....drumroll please......my sister's birthday! (Happy Birthday Jos!) I attribute much of my "shopping problem" to my dear old sis. She once told me "When you feel bad, go shopping, it will make you feel better." Fast forward to my present day closet---with it's 51 pairs of shoes. I must have been feeling REALLY bad over the years! :)

The shoes I chose to wear today are so fabulous. I really adore them, because they were purchased from Forever 21 (that's right, once again the F21 pulls through for me in the shoe department!) sometime last year. These shoes are really comfortable and are also really cute. The heel is just the right height (you know how I feel about that), and I just ADORE the "Oxford" style of shoes. It is with a sense of embarrassment that I admit to the fact that I have these Oxfords, a pair of dark brown flat Oxfords, and another pair of flat light brown Oxfords (with purple laces) in my closet. Eeeeek. I guess I REALLY like the "Oxford Look". OMG. Embarrassing, and nerdy, right?

I also have to give a shout out to my dad, Phillip Warren Davis, and say THANK YOU for my kick-ass tassel belt that I wore today. Miraculously it matched PERFECTLY with these shoes. My dad picked this belt out for me especially for my birthday because I mercilessly made fun of his UGLY black dress shoes with tassels...so now, I have my own tassels. Thanks Dad! :) It's super cute, so I think that your plan to buy me something that would be weird with tassels is backfiring on you, because LOOK! I actually wore it TODAY! And just because the tassels on this belt are cute, that DOES NOT mean that you should start wearing those tassel shoes again. They are not so cute. I love you.

I am realizing more and more that Forever 21 is actually a great place to purchase shoes from...IF you catch them on a good day. And don't go to the Forever 21 at the Cerritos Mall...it's too overwhelming (too much of a good thing can be a bad thing, my friends). Instead, do it Downey Style...head over to the corner of Firestone and Lakewood. Grab a taco and a Monday Night Margarita from Acapulco and then take a stroll into the Stonewood Mall. The Forever 21 there is the best in the land. Seriously. But don't take my word for it. Check it out. I swear you won't be disappointed. Their shoes rock.

1 comment: