Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Last 27 Days of Being 27: Celebrating Life: The Right Way

One of the best lessons that I have learned in my 27 years of life has been how to be a good friend. By watching the friendships that my parents have had has shown me the kind of friend that I should aspire to be and also the kinds of friendships I should try emulate with my friends. Today, we celebrated the life of one of the men who my parents have been friends with since middle and high school. Mike Hite was a very special man and I feel so lucky to have known him. Many of my earliest and most treasured memories include the Hite Family and all of our adventures we have had together. Mike's legacy will carry on through his wife, daughters, grandchildren, and friends.



The greatest adventure of all in life just might prove to be trying to be the kind of friend to others that you would want to have for yourself. My parents and their friends are these kinds of friends and I really hope that my friends and I can be like them one day--complete with camping trips to Yosemite, shared holidays, slumber parties, movie nights, and growing old together. We're on our way, my friends. You know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment