Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 43---Gray Slip On Converse All-Stars



Gosh! I love these shoes! I have saved them until almost the end of this challenge because I knew that I would have a day when I would want to wear them. I tend to wear these shoes a lot during the fall. I am one of the Cheer Coaches/Advisors (is cheer a sport?) at my school and I have to go to every football game on Friday nights during the fall. So, jeans, a Warren shirt, my Cheer jackets, and these shoes tend to be my "uniform".

These shoes are so comfortable. And I love that they are gray. I have a pair of Black converse (I wore them during the first week of my challenge) and they are my oldest pair of shoes. These shoes LAST FOREVER! One of the best things about these shoes is that Converse has a ton of different colors. And Converse Brand has been around since what feels like to be the beginning of time. You know? These shoes are "sporty" but not Athletic shoes.

They are cute, but not high heels. They are unpretentious. I feel slightly like a "tomboy" when I wear them, but that is not a bad feeling. It's just a different feeling than I get when I wear my heels. In my heels I feel powerful, but in my Converse I feel cool. And "cool" is totally a state of mind, right? All you have to do is believe that you are cool, and it is so. Therefore, when I wear these, I am cool. I can't say that anyone else agrees with me, but I can say that I know how I feel.

I will be on my way to Yucaipa for Summer and Kelly's wedding in a few hours---after I take care of setting up the drinks for Mona's baby shower---and I am starting to be really excited! I think it is going to be a really fun weekend and I can't wait to wear my new yellow shoes. I went on a journey to The Block last night with my friend Justin to try and find yellow shoes at this store called "Off Broadway"...Justin swore that they would "FOR SURE" have yellow shoes. And, guess what???? A liar he is not! I found the perfect pair of yellow shoes. I love the color, I love the style; I am going to rock this wedding, people! Get ready! I will not post tomorrow, because bridesmaid duties call! And "Wedding Ali" is going to be out in full force!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh! I love these shoes! I have saved them until almost the end of this challenge because I knew that I would have a day when I would want to ... converseslipon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete